Introducing askiadesign 5.3.3
What’s new in askiadesign 5.3.3 ?¶
CATI and CAPI screens are now web-based¶
We added a new option in the screen group properties “Use web screens in VOICE/FACE”. If you tick this option, the CATI and CAPI screens will be rendered as web screens.
Change the Language of a survey at any time¶
We added the option to change the language at any time during a survey which uses web screens. An article explaining how it works is available in the knowledge base. You can also test it using a live demo.
New askia design controls (ADC 2.0)¶
You can also do the same if it’s for desktop, tablet or smartphone so different versions related to the device used. For more information, check the ADC 2.0 full details.
As with ADC 1.0 (Flash), ADC 2.0 allow you to customise the appearance as well as the interaction of your survey controls by giving you access to their design parameters.
Below the list of available controls with links to live demos:
Statement - live demo
StatementOther - live demo
Statement List - live demo
Ranking Isotope - live demo
Image Select - live demo
Of course, more ADC 2.0 controls will soon be released!
To differentiate between ADC 1.0 and ADC 2.0, the colour of the icon used in the resources tab is changed. Orange is used for 1.0 and blue for 2.0.
New askiascript 2.0 objects/properties/methods¶
We have extended askiascript 2.0 with new objects, properties and methods. There is a list below. The complete askiascript 2.0 documentation is available.
Alternative browser to test surveys¶
In askiadesign’s Settings, we have added the possibility to set 5 alternative browser paths. For example, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, …
When you test a survey in web mode, you will see a new drop down menu. If you select another browser, the system will launch the selected browser with the currently tested page.
Set the capacity during a test in askiadesign (useful to test the fallback of ADC 2.0)¶
In askiadesign 5.3.2, we added the possibility to specify the resolution of the browser you want to test. In askiadesign 5.3.3, we also added an option to enable or disable some functionality to help test the new ADC 2.0, especially the fallback of the controls.
For instance, simulate pure HTML in a small browser:
For details of all the capabilities you can alter, see the list of browser plugin keys https://dev.askia.com/projects/askiadesign/wiki/Askiadesign_askiascript_2_0_specifications_Predefined_objects#Browser-object
Improvement of internet parameter imports¶
We have improved the way a question can be imported through its internet parameters:
1. Two new import types added: Platform One and Fulcrum. These are like a normal internet parameter imports but we needed to flag that they might act differently.
2. The `Make the question invisible when imported` option, which allows the user to ask the question if it has not been specified in the received link / importation.
3. We have allowed questions within loops to be imported. In this case you need to define the name of the parameter for each loop item.
4. Multiple questions can now be imported when you use entry codes or order: you simply need to separate the values with commas e.g.“askiaext.dll?action=newinterview&newspapers=1,3,4”
5. For Platform One imports, we have a new field indicating if the data is “Read/write”, “Read only” or “Write only”.
Response / resource association improvement¶
The item None has been added (to deselect an image). Only images are now displayed and in alphabetical order.
ToolTips in the Resources tab¶
We have added tooltips to the Resources tab (located in askiadesign’s Screen mode) when you mouse over a resource. It displays the the resource path or the version number of the appropriate ADC control.