Media capture now available on askiaface for iPad!
[[askiavoice:Askiaface|Askiaface for iPad]] has been updated to [[askiavoice:VH_Face_iOS|version 2.1.3]]; among the usual fixes you’ll now be able to trigger Media capture questions within your Askia survey in order to attach a picture to that question.
This feature allows you to either:
- Select an existing picture from your iPad’s Camera Roll
- Take a new picture
In order to setup media capture questions in your survey, you’ll need to use askiadesign version 5.3.3 (to be released soon!). There, just create an `Open-ended` variable and generate your screen()s.
Select the `Open-ended` input and select `Image` from the `Layout > Internet styles > Media capture` menu in order to transform the text input into a button that will trigger the media capture.
You can also make use of some CSS in order to fine tune the rendering of the button as displayed above.
Once data collection is completed, extracting the attached pictures is done with [askiaanalyse:Askiatools|AskiaTools].
Fire up AskiaTools and open your Survey. Select the `Export multimedia files from open` option from the `Tools` menu. The above dialogue box will be displayed and will allow you to specify:
- the target folder for the extracted assets
- the naming convention you wish to apply to the assets (making optionally use of some AskiaScript)
- selecting the appropriate question(s) from which you want to extract the image files
- plus the usual set of available filters in order to only extract a specific set of assets
Click OK and voilà!
You can give this feature a test drive by updating askiaface for iPad and connecting with the demo account. Alternatively, you can create a new connection with the below settings:
- User name: askia
- Password: forever
- URL: face.askia.com
- Ports: specify 80 for both ports (optional)
That’s all for today; stay tuned as we have some exciting news for askiaface coming soon!